Pages

03 November 2008

NaNoWriMo Day Two

Word Count: 3707
Strange and homocidal creatures, the meaning of which has yet to be revealed: 1
Holy widows on a mission: 1
Beheadings: 1

The prologue is done. Think The Red Tent meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with fewer references to menstruation, but no fewer instances of bleeding, if that makes any sense at all. I'm writing and counting by hand. It's a bit annoying and it means the word count is approximate, so I'm trying to err on the side of counting fewer words than are actually on the page. In any case, I've caught up to the ostensible goal of 3334 words for the day, and there's a bit of a cushion. I couldn't be more pleased.

This image, among many others depicting the Judith and Holofernes story, has been my inspiration today:

No comments:

ShareThis