Pages

17 November 2008

NaNoWriMo Day Sixteen

Word Count: 26746
Monstrous births: 1
Hostile angels: 1

The imagination factory is working overtime, which is great.

Today I was thinking about completing something. I'm thinking ahead to how I'm going to complete the draft of this novel. I plan to keep going through December and January to finish the draft, and to try and polish 'er up. Much of NaNoWriMo involves writing by the seat of your pants in the name of sticking to the all-important word count. It's been really interesting to see where that takes me, while I try to adhere to my (very general) story outline.

I'm thinking about how I'm going to finish this beast and what I'm going to do when I'm done (uh, hello: agent search? portfolio building?). And that's making me think about working on some shorter pieces intermittently over the next little while. I'm craving the sort of focus that comes from editing and polishing and, well, completing. That sort of finished feeling seems, at this point in the program, very far away and in the distant future.

I've got a couple of short story drafts kicking around. I think I'll do some fiddling, just to give the old editor something to do.



No comments:

ShareThis