Pages

02 November 2008

NaNoWriMo Day One

Word Count: 0
Bright ideas: 3 or 4, solid
Research: lots

Okay, so Saturdays are wall-to-wall busy for me, and I didn't write a single word today. But I did do some necessary-to-plot reading and timeline planning and stuff. I sorted out some major plot points. Of the variety that if you don't sort them out, you can't proceed. And I'm mega excited. Tomorrow is a clear day for me, so I'm planning to load up on caffeine and do my 1667 words times deux.

A note on planning: although I've had this idea for forever, and I've even tried to plan and execute this novel in the past (unsuccessfully), I found that coming up on this NaNoWriMo, I felt really unmotivated to plan and do deep research on the things I need to look at ahead of November. I don't know if any other WriMos out there feel the same way, but for me, doing intensive research and planning has been really lighting my fire in anticipation on NaNoWriMo. I didn't want to stoke that fire too extremely prior to November 1, lest it burn out prematurely. So to speak. In other words, I've found holding off on really diving into this project has been a bit of a struggle.

Hallelujah for that! It's nice to feel this excited about anything, isn't it?

No comments:

ShareThis