Pages

11 November 2011

If I Could Put Time in a Brothel: NaNoWriMo Day 10

Today's writing opened up the possibility of a sequence of scenes featuring disembodied monks in a brothel. I am afraid that this may be the beginning of the end for my (so far) serious novel. Isn't sticking a ghostly monk in the body of a prostitute basically the ultimate in jumping the shark? (Can we use "jump the shark" as a turn of phrase again? Or has "jumping the shark" jumped the shark?)

No nudge, no wink, just 33371 words.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking any day that starts out in a brothel is a GREAT day! Go with it!

Elizabeth Twist said...

Ha ha, thanks, Jeremy. I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking about medieval prostitutes as nascent vigilante army with supernatural powers. Even better!

ShareThis