Pages

27 November 2011

84972


Last night, I took half an hour before beginning to write, grabbed a blank page, and plotted the end of the novel. I've known for some time how it will end (no I will not tell you just trust me it is great). For a while I've had some pretty strong ideas of the intermediate steps necessary to get there, but I wasn't sure how it was all going to hang together.

Now I know. It's just a matter of getting it all down on paper. I'm so excited. I can't believe I'm finishing this month in a state of excitement rather than in a state of bedraggled wiped-outedness. That is probably on its way, but it will have to wait until Thursday.

For all you WriMos, I hope you are enjoying the last few days of the challenge. While you're planning what you're going to do in December when your time is your own once more, check out Folly Blaine's post on an amazing sale on ebooks by Small Beer Press. We're talking 50% off, people! Apparently the sale is over after November 30. I found Kathe Koja's Under the Poppy and The Child Garden by Geoff Ryman, as well as some terrific short story collections.  

3 comments:

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks for the mention! I also just learned there is a 40% off sale at Fairwood Press. (http://www.fairwoodpress.com) One of my favorite writing books is included in that sale, "The 10% Solution" by Ken Rand. (http://www.fairwoodpress.com/catalog/item/7652154/8139852.htm)

farawayeyes said...

Hi, I'm just stopping by from Sommer's NaNo Blog Hop. Funny you mentioned writing the end. I did the same thing this morning, actually I'm not through,just taking a break. The end kept coming to mind and I thought I better write it before it's gone. I'm at 75k+ and probably won't finish the novel by the 30th, but I will finish. Like you said the end is good,very good.

Nice to meet you. I'll be back.

Elizabeth Twist said...

You're welcome, Folly. You did me and my book obsession a big favour with that post. Thanks for the tip about Ken Rand's book and Fairwood's sale. I will go check it out!

Welcome, faraway! Congratulations on writing the end. Myself, I think I need to slog through in some kind of order so I don't screw with cause and effect in my plot, but I have heard people sing the praises of out-of-order writing. 75k is nothing to sneeze at. Good show!

ShareThis