Pages

11 April 2014

I'll Tell You What

So April has slapped me upside the face with a wet fish (metaphorically speaking), and I've gotta slow down a little. Everything is fine. Great, even. I'm so glad people are enjoying the elephant animations, and I have to say, I am having an absolute blast doing them. So much so, I want to ease back on the pace a little.

At the beginning of the month I decided to finish my page-a-day novel this month, which will mean that some days, it needs to be a two-page-a-day novel. I didn't count on how much I would enjoy doing the animations, although I did suspect that they would be somewhat time consuming (they are, although not as much as one would think). So in the name of sanity I'm going to ease up on the pace, but continue to release an animation once or twice a week, so I can finish the little elephant's story in style and still finish my novel by the end of the month. New characters (direct from some Renaissance manual on swimming - I kid you not) are coming up in the next animation.

If you're here via A to Z, I guess I'm sort of withdrawing, but I'll be popping by your places through the linky list throughout the rest of the month. I want to see what you've got. Hope you make a habit of stopping by here from time to time.


9 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

arghh...
I want to know about the elephant!

Anonymous said...

Such a shame, but I understand all too well the pressure of trying to write a book while participating in the A to Z. Fortunately I had my posts finished by the end of March, so all I have to do is visit other participants on the list, read and comment.
Well, all the best with the novel. :)

stefani said...

Sorry to hear you have to bow out of the challenge. I have your blog in my Feedly so I'll be on the look out for your future elephant posts. Good luck with your novel. :-)

Stefani @ Dreams of Nyssa

Anonymous said...

So glad you're focusing on your novel but sorry I'm coming late to your party. You're invited to mine though. My challenge this year is...drumroll please...a page a day! Weird how are minds think a like already. Please come by if you're looking for inspiration and motivation. - Shelina

Unknown said...

It's a pity but understandable. Nice to meet and connect through the AtoZ challenge.
http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

Deborah Walker said...

Well done on the novel progress Elizabeth. I'm doing that flash course you told me about. Very interesting. There's always something new to learn. I might blog about it sometime in the future. Is is okay to name check you?

cleemckenzie said...

Totally understand how things change. Good luck with that writing.

Deborah Walker said...

Hey Babes! How you doing?

Elizabeth Twist said...

Hey! I'm aliiiiiive!

Doing well, Debs, and everyone else. Just realized the other day that it's been a long time since I posted here. Cooking up a new post as I type this. And yes, it's always okay to name check me, Debs. Thanks all for the invites to your places. I'll stop by ASAP.

ShareThis